Possible Funding Assistance
Financial assistance, grant funding, scholarships, and/or private funding may be available to eligible candidates for career training programs at Laurel Ridge Workforce Solutions. Below find a few opportunities to start your funding search. You may use this application for most of the funding options.
- FastForward Credential Grant Funding – Eligible Virginia Residents Pay 1/3 of Tuition with Grant Funding – Save 66% or More with FastForward Credential Programs
- FastForward Credentials Grant with FANTIC – Eligible Virginia residents may have 100% tuition covered with grant funding and financial assistance on FastForward Credential Programs
- VA Ready – $1,000 Credential Award for Virginia Ready Scholars – Unemployed? Enroll in an Eligible FastForward Program, Become a VA Ready Scholar, and Receive an Award
- G3 Scholarship Programs – These programs are designed to fit around the busy schedules of working students. Each program has three levels that build on each other. After each level, you earn a certification that can lead to a job. This means students can take breaks in between training without losing progress along the way to an associate degree. The financial assistance for this program is “last dollar,” which covers any remaining tuition or fees after other grants and scholarships are spent. Students must maintain a schedule of at least six credit hours (usually two classes), hold a GPA of 2.0 or higher, and show progress to earning an associate degree in three years to maintain eligibility. Download requirements.
- Scholarships – Many localities offering scholarships and more for those impacted by COVID-19 and/or reside within specific jurisdictions – Save 75% or More
- Veteran Benefits
- Sallie Mae Loan Financing
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Education Funding
Give us a call, today, for more information about our funding assistance options.
What Can Grant Funding Do?
- Help adults who are unemployed or underemployed enhance their ability to improve their employment status and annual earnings.
- Fund tuition and fees, textbooks, and supplies for credit and non-credit community college programs of study
Who Can Qualify?
- Adults who have been terminated, laid off, or received notification of a termination or layoff from their employer, AND are eligible for unemployment benefits.
- Adults who have received notice of or have been terminated or laid off due to a permanent closure of a plant or facility.
- Adults who have been self-employed but are currently unemployed as a result of a natural disaster or general economic conditions of the community.
- Homemakers who have been dependent on the income of another family member but is no longer supported by that income.
- Other circumstances will help with qualifications.
Unsure Where to start?
Let Us Help You Navigate
Let us help you navigate your funding options. We have many funding options for a variety of situations and we need to ask a few questions to see if you are eligible. It takes just a few minutes to learn more. Contact us for additional information on assistance with funding options and career programs.